Q: What sort of copyright rules do I need to follow regarding Electronic Reserves?

A: More detailed information can be found on the Services for Faculty and Staff page.

Generally, electronic reserves may only be posted for one semester. After that, copyright permission must be obtained in advance for each item. The How to Obtain Copyright Permission for Your Reserves Using the Copyright Clearance Center brochure provides additional guidelines and instructions for obtaining permissions.

Return to Main FAQs Page